Information Architecture is the field of study that will allow the acquisition of the skills in the information and communication technologies. It was designed for those eager to tie their futures with designing, developing, publishing, processing, searching, evaluating and selecting of information. Above all, we focus on the practical skills of which acquisition will enable finding attractive job opportunities in the industry of information and communication services. One does not necessarily have to be a graduate of scientific or technical fields of study to play roles of graphic designer, editor, web page designer, data administrator, editor or researcher — employed in the business intelligence.
The Information Architecture is an innovative field of study which comprehensively considers the issues of information in the digital environment, presenting it in the context of the humanities. As a graduate of this field of study, you will additionally acquire soft skills desired by the employers and increasing your flexibility in the labour market.
Our studies will enable you to build many competences which are valued by the employers. You will be taught how to professionally search for information and use data visualization methods. You will get acquainted with the latest methods of web services engineering and design. You will be able to independently develop and edit the electronic documents (blogs, journals, ad publications).
Information Management and Book Studies is an unique field of study. We are witnessing a digital revolution produced by the dynamic development of information and communication technologies and flood of information. Thus, such skills as developing, searching, processing, evaluating and selecting of information are very desired in the labour market. The course programme includes issues of information science; information technologies; information services; engineering and administration of web services; digital edition; publishing market; media and broadcasting; the art of book; management of GLAM institutions (galleries, libraries, archives, museums); office space design; social communication with coaching components.
The professionals of information management are vital both in business (business intelligence, IT departments, online analytics) and in non profit organisations, such as institutions of culture. The studies we offer teach how to agilely navigate around the world of printed and digital information, but also promote the acquisition of interpersonal competences which are desired by employers. Research shows that in the coming years the information management professionals will be among those most sought after. We are waiting for you!
- We operate three advanced IT laboratories and multimedia equipment
- We host the education resources in a learning-friendly e-platform
- We offer a free of charge options of taking the course parts in other academic centres in Poland, in many European countries and in Turkey
- We offer free training programmes, courses and workshops
- Our students can pursue their interests by editing their own magazines, taking part in scientific circles, national and internationsl conferences
- We offer internships and traineeships in accordance with the interests of our students — in organizations and businesses where they can find employment afterwards
- We provide opportunities to participate in the field-specific classes in English
- Our premises are situated in a new building which is perfectly communicated with the downtown and fully accessible to the disabled
- The students have a fixed and free of charge access to the Internet
- We engage highly qualified staff, including practitioners
- We are located in a beautiful city with the Old Town establishments included in the UNESCO World Heritage List
- We propose the use of the rich cultural offerings of Toruń