Journalism and Social Communication
Journalism and Social Communication. Studies in the field of Journalism and Social Communication constitute a perfect option for people who wish to develop their predispositions and communication skills. We educate students focused on professional activity related to the media and journalism as well as communication and promotion. Two specializations are available: journalism and new media, as well as branding and public relations.
Journalism and Social Communication is a modern major within which:
- students learn journalistic techniques, improve their skills in using the Polish language correctly, acquire specialist knowledge in the field of media theory and social communication;
- students learn about branding, public relations and building the image of an organization,
- students get a chance to undergo paid internships in well-known editorial offices, branding, advertising and public relations agencies,
- students have the opportunity to pursue part of their studies at European universities as part of international programs.
The curriculum allows students and graduates to search for work in:
- editorial offices of local and national media,
- media corporations,
- media houses,
- branding agencies,
- public relations agencies,
- advertising and digital agencies,
- consulting companies,
- companies researching communication processes,
- organizations dealing with broadly understood social communication.
Why is it worth studying Journalism and Social Communication at the Nicolaus Copernicus University?
- Journalism and Social Communication constitutes a modern and prospective major.
- Highly qualified, competent and student-friendly academic staff.
- A rich curriculum combining theoretical and practical subjects.
- Participation in creating events, public relations and promotional projects as part of events organized by the Department of Communication, Media and Journalism of the Nicolaus Copernicus University.
- Cooperation of the Nicolaus Copernicus University with the media.
- Working with the latest media technologies and access to the NCU TV studio.
- Electives taught in foreign languages;
- Active Association of Journalism Students ‘Journalism Club’ and Under Construction PR.
- Possibility of student internships in media, branding, public relations and business communication institutions.
- Assistance in organizing trips and scholarships at other universities in Poland and abroad.